Saturday, January 31, 2009

Alas! I've Been Diagnosed! It's OCD!

You all know how much I absolutely LOVE being pregnant. And I'm sure you've all heard the news lately about the woman who recently delivered octuplets. She already had 6 children at home before becoming pregnant this last time. According to her mother, she's been obsessed with having babies since she was a teenager. That is soooo me! I had a babydoll up until I was 12 years old. Don't laugh- I've never told anyone that before! Well, this incerpt from Yahoo News explains my issue in detail... "Little psychological research has been conducted on the reasons some mothers seem hooked on repeated pregnancies. David Diamond, a co-director for the Center for Reproductive Psychology in San Diego, said mothers can be drawn to repeat pregnancies for a number of reasons, with some finding the experience so satisfying they choose to become surrogates. Diane G. Sanford, a psychologist and author specializing in women's reproductive mental health, said while she doesn't know much about Nadya Suleman's (the mother of the octuplets)background, women that have obsessive-compulsive disorder can become fixated on different obsessions." I always knew I was somewhat Type A with a little OCD mixed in there. I always thought that I kept it well hidden though. Perhaps not. How could one possibly keep 5 kids hidden! Perhaps, my having 5 babies (and wanting more) is a symptom that my mental illness has gone too far. I can no longer publicly hide it! Oh, and the surrogacy thing- well, I JUST told Miguel last nigt that I would SO want to be a surrogate. He wasn't all that amused! How gratifying- to carry a life and to eventually hand that precious gift over to a deserving soul- what an amazing feeling that must be. Oh, and the money would be just an added bonus.

1 comment:

  1. Your in the right family (PD related family that is) because being OCD – we can all relate !!! hee hee

    ReplyDelete