Sunday, January 25, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

"Children, out of simplicity, sometimes speak more wisely than their elders."
An alternate title to this post would be: Bible 101
One of my favorite things to do is to listen to my kids conversations when they think I'm not listening! The other day Emily caught Elizabeth in a lie and kindly reminded her of one of the Ten Commandments. Here's how it went:


Elizabeth: No, I didn't!


Emily: Yes, you did!


Elizabeth: No, I did NOT!


Emily:Ooooh, you're lying! That means you're not listening to God! Don't you remember the Ten Commandments, THOU shall not lie!


I couldn't help but crack up laughing. And yes, she said "THOU." Too cute!


Well today... while casually listening in on another conversation, I overheard Elizabeth give Emily a taste of her own medicine. She was explaining to Emily that she needed to listen to whatever she (Elizabeth) tells her to do because after all- the Bible says to 'respect your elders.' I think the next time Ms. Elizabeth disobeys mom, I'll have to remind her of this!


I'm happy to report that the Wednesday night Bible study classes that they've been attending is paying off! I'm glad my children are learning the Word of God but I never thought they'd use it against each other! Whatever works!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful birthday poem for Elizabeth. Christine you never cease to amaze me with your talent, energy and love of being a mommy. You make me smile thinking about how much you love your kids.

    Thanks for sharing your blog.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete