Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th!

Our annual photo taken on the front lawn.

Couldn't decide which one I liked better, lol.

We spent the day swimming.
 Playing with the dogs.
Teaching Delilah to surf.
 Eating 3 cupcakes per kid.
And enjoying dad's yummy bbq'd food.

We had several guests over and one lovely little family soooo graciously offered to take a certain member of our family home with them!!!! It was evident, after a short glance at each other with absolutely no words exchanged, that mom and dad were in agreement of this new arrangement. In fact, they couldn't package this member up fast enough running around the house looking for the leash, dog food, and all adoption papers. The children, however, were not as obliged as the parents. When it came time to say goodbye to said family member, sheer pandemonium broke out. Don't worry, the kids will survive. In fact, just a few short hours later, their threats to take their own lives turned into quiet wimpers. You must know by now that there is never a dull moment in our home. From saying tearful goodbyes to popping the fireworks and getting stopped by the sheriff's, nothing boring ever happens over here!!!! Anyone know where I can get a cute, quiet, potty-trained turtle? Haha.
I probably make myself sound like a horrible mother! I honestly do feel sorry for the kids. About a whole 2% of me does. The other 98% is happy for me and the idea of not having to step in dog pee in every room I walk into!!!! I know, I know, mean mom, huh?!!!

Hope your 4th was as exciting as ours!!!!


  1. Love the family photo of you guys. I made a copy and hung it in my office and all my friends here know you guys now too!!! The kids will adjust and at least she went to a good loving home and they can visit also. Sounds like you guys had a very nice 4th of July. God Bless America! Hugs and kisses to all, Lynn

  2. why did u get rid of DELILAH SHAME ON U p.s. elizabeth did not write this :)