Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Misisng Tooth & The Nursery Reveal- Part 1

Before I start this nursery post, I have to brag about Emily. Such is our life... Emily... always on a constant mission to find a very important something that she has misplaced; something so important, so valuable, that she's hidden somewhere so well that not even she can find it. My very beautiful, easily distracted, very forgetful child is trying her best to make baby steps towards 'change'. And although they are very, very tiny baby steps, she is still taking steps nonetheless. I need to remember this, especially when I start losing my patience! With that said, remember the tooth?
You know, the one from last week?
Well, it turns out that Emily placed the tooth in a little plastic sandwich baggie and put it under her pillow so she wouldn't lose it.

Then...  she lost it.

She forgot where she put it twenty minutes prior.

She retraced her steps and still was unsuccessful in finding that damn little yellow tooth.

I gave her 10 different suggestions of where to look. Each time she ventured off to search in said spot, she would return to me even more upset and discouraged than before. Finally, right before I was about to start pulling out my hair give up, I suggested she look under her pillow.

Instantly, she broke out in smile. A very guilty, gosh I feel dumb looking smile. Because, then she remembered she put it there, so she wouldn't forget. She excitedly ran upstairs never to be seen again for the rest of the evening. 

I, for one, enjoyed the last few minutes of peace and quiet before I tucked myself into bed. Taking one last sip of my red wine, I re-lived the last thirty minutes of tooth finding chaos and enjoyed a quite moment of boasting. Proud of myself for saving the night. Thinking to myself .... "God, I'm good. No daddy on earth has mommy skills like that. I am a hero. At least for tonight!"
Okay, that' not really what I thought... I really thought to myself, "SH*T (pardon my french), why didn't I think of that damn'd  pillow sooner? I'd have saved myself and her a whole lotta crying!"

Okay, on with the nursery reveal....

So, I can't seem to find the very FIRST before picture. The one where all the walls are white. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it's on the camcorder and not the camera. But I know you have an imagination, so use it. Close your eyes and picture four white walls.
Got it?
Good.

Now we can move on.

After obsessing over about 50 different shades of brown, mocha, tan, beige, and the color of coffee with a little cream in it, I finally just forced myself to choose one so that I can move on with the rest of the decorating.

I finally chose Sprinfield Tan by Benjamin Moore.
Except, I didn't like Mr. Moore's price for paint so I went to Lowe's and had them scan the paint card for me and match the color. There, I paid a whopping $36.00 for a gallon of paint and primer-in-one.



We painted about 3 and 1/2 walls with this beautiful brownish color and saved the other 1/2 of that 4th wall for a special something- wood paneling. Mmmm.... I love me some chunky wood paneling.


It wasn't all work and no play. We had fun too!


Then I bribed the hubby to come over and start the work on the wall that would share the crib. And that's what you're lookn at here behind Sarah and I.


This is Sarah pretending to work :)



This is me, REALLY working, haha jk.


Oh yeah, lets not forget the hubby. He's actually doing MOST of the work here.

I must say, I've learned something about my relationship with my husband while working on this nursery and every other project I con him into doing for me around the house. While we may both love each other.... we instantly despise each other while working on projects. Once the project is over, we go back to being in love! Is it like this for all marriages, I'm not sure. But mine, YES!!!!

That's it for now. Tune back in tomorrow for Part 2.
Kids are too quiet upstairs, must go check on them to make sure all six are still breathing!

1 comment:

  1. I love the color of the walls Christine! You guys are just to funny. Very happy Emily found her tooth under her pillow!!!! Can't wait to see the completed nursery! Hugs & kisses to all, Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete