Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Katalina and Catalina

Meet Katalina



That's what the kids named her.




They call her Kat for short.


Daddy and I had recently returned from Catalina Island when we got her, so I'm sure her name had something to do with our recent getaway. Let it be known that I am NOT a cat kind of person. I am a DOG person. But when the boss pretty much ordered me to take one of her kittens home so that she wouldn't have to send it to the shelter, I, just like you would have, obliged.

I took her home with the intent of fostering her for a week or two and then bidding farewell to her felineness.

But something very unexpected happened.

I fell in love.

Seemingly overnight. Maybe cuz she lets me hold her like a baby. And we all know I love babies.


The kids are quite fond of her too.


And I'm thinking Ewok digs her too.



What I really wanted to share with you was some pics of the other Catalina. The one spelled with a "C".



Miguel and I had sooooo much fun on this much needed alone time. We toasted to 11 years of marriage.

We acted like tourists and took tons of non exciting, silly pics.


Even pics of our food.




We had wine and cheese in the afternoons on the patio of our hotel.


We even got brave and ziplined down the hills. One of our zipline guides looked like Will Ferrell; at least I think so. It was truly a beautiful and exhilarating time.

On our last night on the island, we went karaoking and stayed out til 2 am with our newest best friends that we had known for a short 5 hours.

I think the most fun I had was trying to convince the kids that they weren't missing a thing...

 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary and your new family member!

    ReplyDelete