Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday Emily!

Ten years ago the 9/11 terrorist attack happened. It's such a sad time, a sad month. I watched the 9/11 Memorial Service on tv this weekend and went through a whole box of Kleenex. Then I went to church that night for another service and cried some more!!! It hurts my heart to think of the families that were broken by this event. This past weekend we also took the kids to the Nixon Library and Museum in Yorba Linda, to see some of the 9/11 wreckage that was put on display. The younger kids don't really 'get it' but Brianna did, and I think Elizabeth is starting to.

Although it's such a sad month, I do have one little piece of goodness during this month that makes me smile! Emily. She's a bright star born during this sad month. Eleven days ago, Emily turned 8 years old! Geez!!! Time flies! It feels like I just had her. Her birth was the most difficult out of all six kids, she had the widest shoulder width (we're talkn' football shoulders), OUCH! But once she was in my arms, I couldn't stop inspecting her and kissing her all over. Fuzz covered her whole body! Papa Bear said I had given birth to a 'real' bear cub!


Happy Birthday, M&M's. I love you! Enjoy your video!

 (If the music on the main blog is too loud or distracting,
you can pause it or lower the volume by scrolling to the bottom of the page)

Emilys 8th bday video from christine mejia on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 8th Birthday Emily!!! I hope you had a great day and like your Mom said you have grown up ohh so fast!!! Us Mom's want our children to stay small a bit longer but you kids grow up so fast right before our eyes. Enjoy your childhood and remember make happy memories that you can look back at when you are a grown woman with children of your own! Happy Birthday!!!
    Hugs & Kisses, Auntie Lynn XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, why am I CRYING!!??? U suck. ;) LOL, great video.
    Em

    ReplyDelete