Friday, June 24, 2011

Stop and Smell the Roses

Wow! What a week this was! From Monday to Friday we were on the go. I think the only time I sat down was in the car while we were on the road driving to our next destination!!!! We started the week off with Matthew graduating from kindergarten and Elizabeth receiving an Excellent Reader award.


My baby boy is on to 1st grade!!!! I almost cried but I didn't because his teacher ticked me off. But that's a whole other story. Lol.  Anyways... he'll be going to school all day long just like his siblings. I'm soooo sad and happy all at the same time.

My Elizabear getting her award. Little does her teacher know that she skips her reading homework most nights by telling mom, "I already did it." Haha.

Next, Mackenzie's Preschool Performance. She looked adorable in her lil tutu.

She was bouncing all over the place that night!

 It was evident she was happy to have her family there.
 Especially her cousins.

 I tried to get a few snapshots of her but SOMEBODY kept getting in the way!
 Somebody like this lil guy!

See what I mean????.... That's his eye right there! LOL.


We even brought along our neighbor to watch Kenzi perform.


As usual, Bri helped me keep an eye this lil monster.


 And Megan kept me cracking up with these little poses that came out of nowhere! She's never done that before. Either she's watching wayyy to much tv or hanging out with Emily too much, haha.
 Then Brianna graduated from 6th grade!

 Onto Jr. High.
 But not before receiving a few awards. And I'm totally bragging now so check this out... she got the Presidential Award for being on the Honor Roll 3 years in a row!!! And just a week ago her teacher teared up when talking about her. And he's a GUY! That says a lot about what kinda kid she is!
 We took a few minutes to take pics with long time friends.

Mommy snuck Elizabeth and Emily out of class to watch their big sis.



And Uncle Mikey even showed up! What a nice surprise that was. We took pics with every family member that showed up but I will not post them all as its quite obvious from the pics exactly where we live and despite my very public blog, I still enjoy a little anonymity. LOL.


 But I will show you this one. Because I think Brianna has the best Papa in the whole world. Although I am just a little biased. Okay, maybe a lot biased. Haha. Papa took the morning off from work. He showed up to the school before the gates even opened! He was #1 in line and because of him we were able to secure the very front row to watch Bri receive her diploma. Then in the midst of all the graduation chaos, I managed to get a pic of Brianna with every attending family EXCEPT Papa! What kind of mother and daughter am I!???? Soooo, after the celebrating was over, we drove all the way down to Papa's work to get her pic with him!

Thank you, Daddy! You're an amazing grandfather and my children are so very blessed to have such an active, vibrant, and very involved Papa!


Brianna was just born yesterday. I blinked. Then she graduated 6th grade! At least it feels that way to me!!!! This was definitely a week to remember. Megan showed me how much I need to slowwwww down and take time to stop and smell the roses.


Because before you know it, life just passes you by. Brianna, you are the most intelligent kid I know! I don't understand where you got your brains or your beauty. Thank you for being you! 

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet... I love reading your blog, it makes me wanna ba a better mommy,wife, daughter,sister, friend... I'm so proud of u and the kids. Love linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all the Mejia kids who graduated and acieved awards. Wow don't know how you guys keep track of all these happy occasions. You all make Mom & Dad very proud of you and all your achievemnets. Keep up the good work and again Congratulations to all of you. Keep reaching for the stars and your dreams. The future is what you make it! Hugs & kisses to all, Lynn

    ReplyDelete