Thursday, June 16, 2011

Speaking of Lemonade...

Before I start this post, I wanna thank everyone for all of the kind comments on my last entry. It meant so very much to me and even brought me to tears. I thank you for that. I needed that. I was having 'one of those days.' You know what I mean? Okay. on with today's post. Where was I.... saying my girls love selling lemonade is such an understatement! They beg me to do it the second after homework is completed. In fact, they are preparing the lemonade to sell as I type. Now that the weather has warmed up, I'm sure I'll be hearing even more nagging begging from them. They've pretty much outgrown their current stand and daddy noticed this the other day. Do you know what that means?

My sweet husband, the one whom I usually have to beg an entire year before I get one of my Honey-build-me-this projects done for ME, woke up today with a yearning to want to build his lil girls a bigger stand. He's only worked on it for a few hours and he's more than 1/2 way done!!!! I'm so excited for them. They were jumping up and down when they got home from school and figured out what it was. Here are both stands for a side by side comparison.


Sooo... since daddy started building, I started shopping. I had to work today but that didn't stop me. I used my lunch break to hop on over to the thrift store down the street (one of Emily's favorite places to shop, haha) and found these awesome treasures to help complete the stand.
 In the pic above is a large jar. One small jar. One glass candle holder, behind that is a circular frame. A cork board and 2 silver trays.
 Here's a closer pic of the 2 silver trays. I love them!!!! I've been eyeing similar trays on other blogs. Sooo happy to have my own. I mean I'm sooo happy my girls have them. Haha.

Here's a better pic of the circular frame and the 99 cent cork board.


A pillowcase I found for 79 cents kept staring at me. I tried to avoid her but she wouldn't stop staring. So I grabbed her and took her home. I have big plans for her! I can't wait to show you.

I'm not sure how much daddy spent on the wood. He did have the tabletop piece at home already. I spent a total of $21.00 and some change at the thrift store. I'll be sewing an awning for the top of the stand just as soon as daddy completes the frame.

After the thrift store, I hit up the dollar store for some candy and I found these paper doilies.

We are using these as our Lemonade Stand Inspiration Photos.

Spoiled Rotten Kids, I tell ya! I woulda killed for one of these when I was a kid.

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are so lucky to have such creative parents! I can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great stand! I agree you guys are the best and oh so creative!!! The kids are lucky to have such great parents! Hugs & kisses to all, Lynn

    ReplyDelete