Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snips and Snails & Puppy Dog Tails

That's what boys are made of. At least that's what they say. Gosh, there is such a difference between girls and boys. With little girls, play time is usually quiet. There is coloring, dressing dolls, playing princess, tea parties, playing in mommy's makeup and putting on fashion shows. With boys, it's trucks, trains, and motorcycles. Sounds of "vrooom" and "boom" and "crash," running around in circles getting dizzy, fixing things with tools, playing soccer, and of course broken bones. He'd watch Toy Story 5 (million) times a day if I let him. Driving mommy crazy is what Matthew does best. But I wouldn't change it for anything. Matthew's elbow update: He's scheduled for surgery on 2/23. Probably in the morning. I won't know what time til the day before. We're hoping that he has full range of motion after he heals. He'll be in a cast for about a month and then be allowed to slowly start using the arm. I've been told that the hospital we're going to is one of the best for these types of injuries. And let me tell you, the kid hasn't learned his lesson, he's running around in circles chasing Brianna as I type this. None of my kids have ever had surgery before. Emily was scheduled to have her tonsils and adenoids removed last year and I ended up cancelling the day before. I'm a wimp! Please keep him in your prayers. And me too! I'm a nervous wreck.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I am blown away! He is so young! Okay lots and lots of prayers and lots and lots of love going your way. You call me if you need anything, even just to cry that your a mommy and YOU have to go through this! What hospital? Keep us updated (and you can't cancel darling, its in Matthews best interest to get this done!)LOVE YOU!!!~~ Glenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl,

    I just read your beautiful family blog. I am thinking of you and Matthew reference his surgery. I will pray for your little guy and for you too. I know how nervous and crazy you will be on that day. You and Miguel are great parents and Matthew will

    be in good hands. Let me know how things turn out. I’m thinking about you girl.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, matthew looks just like your hubby and megan is spittin image of you I think ! - Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so darn cute, it cracks me up, I wait to read it at work so I have somethin to smile about !
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glenna, it's going to be at Loma Linda. I've heard nothing but good things about it being a great trauma hospital. After all, Nick was there recently, so that's kinda comforting. I was also told he'd have a pediatric anesthesiologist. Yes, please pray for us, I'm (I mean "we") are sooo nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miguel and Christine,
    Unfortunately, Danny and I know all too well how it feels to watch your own child get wheeled off to surgery. Remember about 3 years ago when we found that mysterious "lump" in Jake's neck, and he had to have it removed and tested? Thank God that everything turned out alright, but I'll NEVER forget that feeling....the pre-op, the waiting, etc.. The Doctors and Nurses were soooo reassuring with us though, and we knew he was in good hands. It's just so hard to watch your "baby" go through something like that, so I can totally empathize with you. Just be positive, and know that Matthew will be in good hands. We will keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers.
    xo,
    Danny and Tera :)

    ReplyDelete