Thursday, February 19, 2009

Goal Accomplished

Emily's goal last month was to learn how to ride a bike without training wheels. After a few lessons from mom she grasped it. Here's proof that she accomplished her goal. I'm so proud of her. She kindly reminded me that I promised her a High School Musical Bike from Toys R Us when she could ride on her own. Looks like I'll be spending a whopping $100 bucks on her new bike this weekend. Ouch! That's the price tag for this new shiny turquoise piece of metal with wheels. What was I thinking!? I remember making the promise but I guess I just didn't think she'd catch on to riding that quick! Next time I'll promise her something small, like an ice cream cone or maybe a happy meal. No more $100 prizes. It's too late to get out of this one; I don't want to be known as the mother who breaks her promises.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tini
    It's your Nina Love all the updates
    prayers are being said and will continue to be said also for your Mom because Nana's worry a lot too!
    congadulations to Emily on learning to ride with no training wheels Hooray. It seems like just yesterday that it was you with your little pink bike that squeeked
    with every little peddle that you took.we found out that it was the training wheels after they came off
    no more noise for a while,then it started to squeek again because it didn't have a kick stand you had to lay it down on the sidewalk and Mimi and Joseph used to try to jump over it on their mongoose bikes. Well needless to say they weren't always sucsessfull.I also had the pleasure of spending the weekend with the kids very Famous
    uncle and I think he just Rocks
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my MIKEY
    well CHOW for now
    Love
    Nina

    ReplyDelete